mtd-snapshot-20010902.tar.bz2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Sep 4 04:30:34 EDT 2001

dwmw2 at infradead.org said:
>  Oops. It was called mtd_do_gen_probe but now it's fixed. cvs update
> and try  again.

> Note that I haven't tested any of this new stuff yet. I'm planning to
> do  that this morning.

Tested. A couple of stupid bugs in gen_probe.c fixed. As cfi_cmdset_0002.c
was OK and I did much the same changes to cfi_cmdset_0001, I haven't
bothered to dig out a board with Intel flash on it - someone shout if I
broke it.

The new version of the jedec_probe code is also untested.

I'm now a little happier with the setup of the probe code, and the way is
clear for someone to write an intel_probe.c or to make jedec_probe.c grok
Intel chips.

If you do this faked CFI probe for Intel chips, make sure you either fill in
the cmdset_priv appropriately, or modify the assumption in cfi_cmdset_0001.c
that one will be present.

--
dwmw2