lilo problem in DOC

Lee Un Pang lewis at eecl1.cl.eee.umac.mo
Sat Sep 1 12:04:12 EDT 2001

Hi all:
i am using a diskonchip. I want to put my embedded linux system into DOC
and boot it. Now i am still using the driver which is provided from
m-system. but later, i will change to use mtd because it is open source.
Now i have some problem about lilo.
i have alreday compile the kernel, so i can mount the diskonchip during
using a hardisk to boot up.
then i use the dformat to make the diskonchip be the first boot device.
then i use the hardisk to boot upp the system and try to use lilo to write
the MBR.
I follow the readme.install file, now i can compile the driver into module
and can insert it into kernel. when i boot the system from hardisk then i
can mount the diskonchip and i can read or write it normally. In my
project,
i only want to use one diskonchip to boot up the system (not use hardisk).
already copy my embedded system into the diskonchip. But i can't write the
MBR of diskonchip correctly.
i mount the diskonchip in a directory '/doc2000'.
following is the 'lilo.config-initrd' file in
/doc2000/etc/lilo.config-initrd.
---------------------------
boot=/dev/fla
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/doc.b
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
linear
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-5.0
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.14-5.0.img
label=linux
read-only
root=/dev/fla1
then i run 'doc-lilo -v -C /etc/lilo.config-initrd -r /doc2000 '
it can success to write the MBR of diskonchip
but whenever i try to boot,only folloing will be shown:

dL 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01
01 01 01 01 .....etc

what is my problem??
please help me.....
Thank's for your advice