Patch to prevent jffs2 from make changes to other filesystems

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 23 17:55:04 EDT 2001

baoha at sensoria.com said:
>  I would like to propose the following patch to temporarily fix the
> problem of jffs2 making changes to other filesystems stored on MTD
> partitions.

You can't do it like that - you'll get crap on the filesystem sometimes,
during normal operation. We have logic in there to abort the mount at the
end, if no valid nodes were found, but other data were. Is that failing or
are you using an obsolete version?

Line 147 of scan.c should read:
 printk(KERN_NOTICE "Cowardly refusing to erase blocks on filesystem with no valid JFFS2 nodes\n");

Does it? Why doesn't it get triggered?

--
dwmw2