Identification flash on board ?

martin.kula at deltaes.cz martin.kula at deltaes.cz
Thu Oct 11 04:51:35 EDT 2001

Hi

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, David Woodhouse wrote:

> martin.kula at deltaes.cz said:
> > Can anybody explain me next lines from dmesg ?
>
> > DiskOnChip 2000 found at address 0xE8000
> > Flash chip found: Manufacturer ID: 98, Chip ID: E6 (Toshiba TC58V64AFT/DC)
> > Flash chip at floor 1, chip 0 is different:
> > Unknown flash chip found: F9 F9
>
> Is this an 8MiB DiskOnChip, or do you actually expect the extra chips to be
> there?

Hmm... It's strange, my DoC has 24MiB (I have one DoC on board on
address 0xe8000).
3 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 24 MiB
I'm using this DoC, that's right.

But as I know I have 1 MiB flash integrated on board too.
The flash is Intel 28F800-B5 Flash (from board guide).
I can use it with (ms)dos.
Can I use it with linux ? How I do it ? Or I can't ?

Thanks

Martin