Booting from DOC-Millenium

Felix Frey ffrey at freesurf.ch
Fri Nov 30 07:45:51 EST 2001

Hi

I'm using a DOC-Millenium( w/ 8megs) on a PC104-modul, holding the rootfs and
applications. First of all I was using the driver from m-systems (binary
only!) which caused me a headache since it's using up a lot of system
performance and - even worse - it interferes with the serial port i a manner
that I'm loosing data from the serial port. The next attempt was trying the
(open source-) nftl-driver. Basically this was very successful and also
solved the problem with the serial port. The only remaining problem is that I
can't boot from the DOC anymore. I'm using doc-lilo as bootloader.
I appreciate any advice.

Regards
Felix