[Fwd: Re: Caching of reads]

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at arcom.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 18:33:48 EST 2001

> There should be more debug info than that from JFFS2, shouldn't there?

That's what I get with verbosity = 1
I've attached another partial log generated with verbosity = 3

> Are you sure that's right? Those sizes look suspicious. But it definitely

Absolutely not - but it is what the kernel is logging.

> looks like some of those nodes are being read repeatedly - I
> don't know why
> they're being dropped from the page cache. What kernel, precisely?

kernel.org 2.4.14, patched with the Linus VM fix
(http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0111.0/1084.html)

.config attached also

> Please could you turn that off?

Given the option it would be :(

Any thoughts on where we should be looking ?

Best,

-Alex