mtdblock failing

Nikolai Vladychevski niko at isl.net.mx
Thu May 24 00:14:06 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have problems using mtdblock device with DoC millenium 8MB, it does
not accept reading or writing. This is the error message when I do for
example "dd if=/etc/passwd of=/dev/mtdblock0":

end_request: I/O error, dev 1f:00 (mtdblock), sector0
dd: reading `/dev/mtdblock0': Input/output error
0+0 records in
0+0 records out

/dev/mtd0 device works just perfect. I can read/write ok, I boot Linux
Bios from it and I do not complain. But I could never get to work
mtdblock device. Compiling it as module or comiling it in the kernel
gives the same result. On the console I can see

mtdblock_open
ok
mtdblock: read on "DiskOnChip Millenium" at 0x0, size 0x1000
end_request: I/O error, dev 1f:00 (mtdblock), sector 0
mtdblock_release
ok

Should I update to the lastests CVS tree? I am using version dated April
11 2001. .2.4-test12 kernel.

Thanks in advance

Nikolai