MTD on a Motorola MPCN765 ? (32 bit linux and 64 bit flash)

Jan Rovins Jan.Rovins at radisys.com
Tue May 22 15:59:40 EDT 2001

Have been thinking about your suggestion about treating flash as
two entirely separate chip mappings. (Trying to understand all the
repercussions)
I guess that would mean:
setting up 2 map_info structs,
doing a cfi_probe on each one,
doing a add_mtd_device() on each one.

I was using partitions before, mostly to isolate & protect the boot image.
Can I have a setup that uses separately mapped devices and multiple
partitions
at the same time? (I am having trouble visualizing this)

Separate chip mappings also would imply that I would have to alter the
read(),
write() copy_to/from() functions to skip over the bytes that would show up
in the other mapping, since my address lines are wired up to treat the four
chips as one range.
is this what you had in mind by your suggestion?

Jan