Mips compiler controversy

Fry, Dan dfry at bb.directv.com
Fri May 11 18:09:20 EDT 2001

Hi list,

	Mips doesn't seem to compile the JFFS2 code as is.  In write.c
within function jffs2_new_inode there is an undefined reference to
new_inode().  I've greped through the kernel source and can't find a
new_inode().  Is this function responsible for anything more than
this:
	/* some kind of kmalloc for an inode */
	inode->sb=sb;

I replaced the new_inode call with the above, and got the code to compile.
I can mount the chips, however any witting or deletion causes:

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000004, epc ==
80150
Oops in fault.c do_page_fault, line 159

And then the system locks up after spitting out tons of hex. Funny thing is
that after reboot the file or directory I created show up but trying to
access them causes the kernel lockup again.

Any ideas??

Cheers,
	- Dan