Read Flash-Dumps

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 9 13:10:51 EDT 2001

killer at discordia.ch said:
>  I got an Igel-Terminal, which features an M-systems DiskOnAChip 2000.
> Now I got these flash-images from an ftp and want to modify them
> before putting them into the flash; preferably on another machine
> (without flash).

I'm not sure what form those flash-images are in. They may be a similar
dump to the one you'd get from the 'nanddump' program, in which case you
could write it back with the 'nandwrite' program and the MTD drivers.

killer at discordia.ch said:
>  Also, nftl doesn't  even appear in /proc/filesystems.

It would appear as a block device. But last time I knew, I believe Igel were
shipping the M-Systems binary-only driver statically linked into their
kernel in violation of the GPL. In that case, you're on your own.

Can you show me the contents of /proc/devices?

--
dwmw2