MTD and 2.4

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 4 17:27:28 EDT 2001

jasonw at uswo.net said:
>  I did as you said, enabled CONFIG_MTD_DOC2001 and checked out the
> #define in docprobe.c and it was already enabled.

> request_module[doc2000]: Root fs not mounted

Argh. Sorry, _disable_ DOC_SINGLE_DRIVER and use doc2001.
The less likely to work alternative is to leave it _enabled_ and use
doc2000. The message above is because it's trying to load the doc2000
driver, because DOC_SINGLE_DRIVER is enabled and the doc2000 option isn't
(only the doc2001 option).

This will be made less complex - the DOC_SINGLE_DRIVER is an attempt to
merge it all into one, but some people still find the doc2001 driver to be
more reliable.

--
dwmw2