16-bit JEDEC Flash

Jonas Holmberg jonas.holmberg at axis.com
Wed Mar 7 06:26:13 EST 2001

I tried something like that before writing amd_flash.c, but I noticed that many non-CFI flashes don't support some of the things that CFI-flashes support (e.g. unlock bypass). And I think the safest way to know if a non-CFI flash has finished erasing or writing would be to check the toggle or data polling bit instead of udelaying.

If your 16-bit flash uses the AMD command set you can just add it to the table in amd_flash_probe() and it should work right away.

There are of course many similarities between cfi_cmdset_0002.c and amd_flash.c (a lot of it is stolen from cfi_cmdset_0002.c), and we ought to make some of the CFI-specific stuff non-CFI-specific so that it can be used from amd_flash.c also.

/Jonas