Macronix 29F1610 support

Fabrice Gautier gautier at email.enst.fr
Thu Mar 8 17:56:35 EST 2001

Hi,

I trying to boot linux with a root filesystem on this Macronix NOR flash.

I've my hand on some source code form Macronix that allows me program
the flash, but im not sure there is any CFI compliance in this. It's not
that i know a lot about CFI or am used to flash memories but i didn't
see strong evidences in the code.

In my case reading is mapped to a fixed physical address, and writing
needs

Also I've looked at the "Support for ROM chips in bus mapping" but i'm
not sure this is what i'm looking for.

Does anybody knows if this flash is compatible with some other vendors?
Is there some kind of autodetection for those chips?

On another topic, how are defined device numbers for the flash drivers?

Thanks
--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier at email.enstfr>