safe flash filesystem

Kyle Harris kharris at nexus-tech.net
Thu Jun 21 17:17:17 EDT 2001

Hey,

I've read thru several posts and Vipin's jffs_guide. It appears that
JFFS, at his time, is about the most reliable open source fs for
embedded systems, even though it still has some problems. When JFFS
fails, is the filesystem still usable? My question is this. What if you
save only a small datafile (< 1K) and write it alternately to 2
different JFFS partitions (or even the same partition). At boot, you
read from both and get the latest, valid copy. This way if one is bad
you still have a backup. How reliable would this be?

Just wondering... Kyle.