Flash Device Database fields?

Vipin Malik vipin at embeddedlinuxworks.com
Tue Jun 19 08:34:21 EDT 2001

I'm setting up a flash device/board/driver-tested-with etc. database on the
www.EmbeddedLinuxWorks.com site.

Folks will then be requested to input the part #'s of the flash chips they
have got working, which driver file they used, version #,
which board they tested this on, the "working state" etc.

Other folks would then be able to do searches in it to see if  someone
already has a particular driver or development board working and which
driver file was used to get it working.

This should answer questions like:

"Does the XXX flash chip from the YYY mfg work with MTD, and why driver
file I need to use?" etc.

I've thought of the following fields: Please review and suggest any new
one's that may be useful.

If you like, just reply to me privately to avoid unnecessary traffic on the
mtd list itself.

Thanks

Vipin

             FlashMfg      <AMD, INTEL, etc.> [OpenText field (or should it
be a "select" list)?]
             PartNumber   <flash device part no> [Open txt field]
             BoardTestedOn <AMD SC520CDP, LART, etc> [open txt field]
             FlashType     <NOR, NAND, DOC etc.> [select list]
             DriverName    <driver file name> [open txt field]
             Results          <works_fine, works_partially, does_not_work>
[select list]
             Driver Date    <date>
             Date Submitted <today's date>
             Submitted By  <optional> [Open txt field]
             Description   <any detailed instructions, caveats, exceptions,
but's pointers etc.> [Big txt box.]