root jffs2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 13 11:45:16 EDT 2001

vipin.malik at daniel.com said:
>  Does this mean that you can no longer mount JFFS2 on an erased
> (blank) flash mtd device and hand populate the blank fs ?

It refuses to mount if it would be erasing some blocks to start with and
it's found no valid nodes. Thinks.... if the device is completely
pre-erased then it'd be erasing every block 'to make sure', so it'd fail to
mount.

We could special-case this - if the device _was_ entirely empty beforehand
- if it contained only 0xFF, then we can go ahead with the mount. Only if
it actually had some data on should we fail.

> If so, then I lodge my official protest!

Protests are only accepted in 'diff -u' form. :)

--
dwmw2