root jffs2

Xavier DEBREUIL xde at inventel.fr
Wed Jun 13 09:21:52 EDT 2001

> ----> !!!!!
> ----> JFFS: Failed to mount device 1f:01.
> ----> VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem) readonly.
> ----> !!!!!
> Freeing init memory: 48K
> serial console detected.  Disabling virtual terminals.
> init started:  BusyBox v0.51 (2001.06.05-17:42+0000) multi-call binary
>
> So, on the one hand, it indicates that it failed to mount the device on
> 1F01 but afterwards, it managed to mount the jffs2 filesystem as root
> fs. Is it a known behaviour or do I have to modify some parameters ?

In fact, when the JFFS says that it failed to mount the device 1f:01,
the VFS detects the jffs2 and mount it ; and when it successfully
mounted device 1f:01, VFS mounts a jffs filesystem ; but as it is a
jffs2, then the following happens !!!

JFFS: Successfully mounted device 1f:01.
VFS: Mounted root (jffs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing init memory: 48K
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to
kernel.

Any help is welcomed

Xavier