Intel 82802

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Jun 13 05:56:01 EDT 2001

Jim_Ravan at avid.com writes:

> All,
>
> I'm a newbie, so forgive me ahead of time. I looked back about a year and a half
>
> in the archives but could find no mention of the Intel 82802 MTH boot flash/RNG.

I looked at these devices a while ago an they don't look too hard to
support.  Though last time I looked at the code they weren't
supported.  They are simple like most flash devices.  I haven't double
checked but they may support the standard intel flash command set from
the software side, in which all that is needed is to write a mapping driver.

> > Is this device supported? Actually I should say "these devices" since the part
> is available in 512KB and 1MB configurations.
>
> Once I get my IBM PC motherboard booted using perhaps a (new) version of
> Linux/BIOS, I would like to use MTD to update the flash under program control.
> The overall idea is to allow a new Linux kernel to be flashed at will.

Eric