mtd->erasesize

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jun 4 08:04:01 EDT 2001

abraham at 2d3d.co.za said:
>  I'm busy writing a driver for the 28Fxxxxx 3V Intel Fast Boot Block
> flash devices (for now only a LART driver since I have no other boards
> to play with).

You should be able to use the same actual chip driver as the CFI code -
cfi_cmdset_0001.c. You just need a piece of code to do the Intel-specific
probe and set up the appropriate structure for the chip driver to use, much
like the existing code for AMD/JEDEC probes which has been merged into
cfi_probe.c, except that it should actually be a separate probe function (as
should the AMD/JEDEC one).

> The problem is that these chips have 8 4k blocks in the beginning and
> the rest is 32k blocks, so effectively there is two erasesize's.

> For now, I'm just skipping the first 8 4k blocks so you can't access
> that with the MTD driver, but I believe this is a design flaw with the
> MTD drivers. It should be able to handle multiple erasesize's for each
> device.

The driver for AMD chips (cfi_cmdset_0002.c) already supports this.
Nobody's yet put similar support into the Intel driver. Feel free to do so
:)

--
dwmw2