MTD/mtdblock.c uclinux 2.0.38?

Mike Voytovich mvoytovich at coactive.com
Wed Jul 18 02:50:21 EDT 2001

>Wouldn't it be easier to forward-port uCLinux to 2.4? Didn't someone
>already do that, in fact?

Yes, there is a uClinux 2.4.x port.  However, there are some issues with
that port; for example, I'm not sure if MMU-less ARM support is complete.
It definitely is complete for 2.0.x.  And, there's the size issue...

>Just provide internally to the JFFS2 code sufficient dcache stuff
>for it to work. Pretend dentries are JFFS2-internal data structures.

Cool, that seems like good advice - perhaps we'll try that.  Thanks for the
feedback.

Regards,
-mike