Recovery of crashed DoC???

Stephen Herzog mtd at sdesign.com
Tue Jul 17 08:32:28 EDT 2001

Greetings,

Assuming the OS is not the data you really, really, need, you could try
the following:  Remove the DoC and attach a regular IDE drive to the
SBU 4825 and boot from IDE first. Next compile a kernel on it with
DoC support. You will have to install your kernel on a floppy disk
however to get it to boot rather than from DoC. Now put the DoC back
in the SBU, boot from floppy/linux-kernel try mounting the DoC. Perhaps
you can get some of the data that way.

I don't think you want to use the DINFO.EXE utility.  That tool places
a dos bios patch on the nftl layer that allows the computer to boot
from the DoC.

Good luck,

Stephen Herzog