JFFS (2) - File locking

David Mackay dave.mackay at monitoreurope.com
Mon Jul 16 10:02:35 EDT 2001

Hi,

We are beginning to develop a product using JFFS initially (possibly2 in
the future) and are using file locks in order to both write locally and
read remotely with a Java client front end. Currently on Ext2 our
program uses the system call lockf() which works well, however we read
with interest that JFFS does not support hard links and may have a
problem with this call!!? Any comments?

Thanks, David

EMC Website      http://www.emc-environment.com     Real Time Air
Quality Info     http://www.air-quality.net/