MTD/mtdblock.c uclinux 2.0.38?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 11 05:11:57 EDT 2001

skranz at ridgerun.com said:
> 1. Anybody know if instruction exist for installing MTD and nftl into
> an uclinux 2.0.38 tree?

Should work. Probably doesn't. Give me individual instances of places I
broke the 2.0 compile, preferably with patches, and we'll deal with it.

> 2. I'm interested in getting the SmartMedia slot of this arm7 board
> working for both read and write -- and I'd like the SmartMedia card to
> be readable/writable by a Windows machine too. Am I correct that this
> interoperability constraint will prevent me from using JFFS? I'm
> assuming that a vfat fs with MTD/nftl will do the trick for me. Yes,
> no?

You need to implement the SmartMedia translation layer format. It looks like
there's enough information on the Samsung web site to do that.

> 3. I've been glancing at MTD code and didn't think I saw any logic to
> deal with the bad (unusable) blocks of a NAND flash device. Did I just
> miss it?

Done in the SmartMedia translation layer, not in the underlying device
driver.

--
dwmw2