mtd-JFFS2 HowTo doc

Siders, Keith keith_siders at toshibatv.com
Fri Jul 6 08:53:20 EDT 2001

Given that I've only been on the list a few days, I guess I'd better ask...

OK, so what are the porting issues to make JFFS2 work under a 2.2.x kernel?
If it gets too involved I may be further ahead attempting to port the 2.4.x
kernel myself to the MIPS (maybe the existing startup code will do) and then

compile JFFS2 into it.

I'm assuming that conceptually this thing has a platform (OS) isolation
layer
and a hardware abstraction layer. The HAL must apparently support different
Flash devices.