Problems with GNU/grub bootloader

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 5 06:50:24 EDT 2001

(Redirected to the correct list)

cemil at cemil.debian-linux.de said:
> Hello, I have some problems with the Grub Bootloader.
> root at manuel:/home/cemil/mtd-20000704/grub > ../util/doc_loadbios /dev/fla grub_firmware
> ioctl(MEMGETINFO): Invalid argument
> root at manuel:/home/cemil/mtd-20000704/grub >

> I had downloaded grub rom FSF cvs-server.

> How can i fix it?

Looks like you're using the M-Systems drivers, not the real ones. To load
Grub onto the device, you need to be able to write to the flash directly,
which you can't do with those drivers.

You need to either boot a kernel with the proper drivers in, or convert
your Grub image into the format that M-Systems use for their own firmware
files.

--
dwmw2