fdisk problems

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Jan 26 12:41:34 EST 2001

I am at a loss.
I can get my 8Mb DOCs to work, but not my 72Mb DOCs.

I have booted into DOS and:
dupdate /win=c800 /s:doc42.exb
dformat /win:c800 /s:doc42.exb

This all went without problems.

When I boot an MTD compiled kernel (no modules) I always get the ECC errors.
I went to my cabinet and pulled out a handfull of 72Mb DOCs, and they all
exhibit the same symptoms.

I recall that at some time in the past, we need needed to write either
zeroes, or FFs to the flash before using it.  Is this still required?
Is there a different .exb file I should be using?