MTD: linux-2.4.0-test9 on a PowerPC board.

Brendan J Simon brendan.simon at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 24 01:30:31 EST 2001

My company has a custom PowerPC board with a DOC2000 (8MB) on it.  I am
trying to get linux-2.4.0-test9 running on it with the MTD drivers.  We
think the DOC was detected initially but it seems that NFTL media header
has been blown away.  I think this happened when we tried to write to it
or format the device.

Trying to debug things we have noticed that some of the data returned
has the bytes swapped.  It seems the NUM ERASE UNITS is returning 0xFA03
where as it should be returning 0x03FA.  It looks like an endian
problem.  Is the DOC code endian neutral ??  Will the endian problems be
rampant throughout the code or will it be confined to a few places ??

Has anyone used a DOC on a PowerPC processor or other big endian
architecture ??

Thanks for any help,
Brendan Simon.