DiskOnChip 2000 again

David Hamm dhamm at itrepro.com
Wed Jan 17 16:48:53 EST 2001

I've tried a number of things.  When I patch the 2.4.0 kernel with the M-Sys
patches in won't compile.  So I've compiled using the MTD stuff and plundered
through making the entrys in the /dev directory.  Below is my /dev/nftl entry.

brw-rw----    1 root     root      93,   0 Jan 12 22:39 /dev/nftl

But when I try to fdisk /dev/nftl the modules load and print the following on
the console.

M-Systems NAND Flash Translation Layer driver. (C) 1999 MVHI
$Id: nftl.c,v 1.57 2000/12/01 17:51:54 dwmw2 Exp $
M-Systems DiskOnChip driver. (C) 1999 Machine Vision Holdings, Inc.
Using configured probe address 0xd000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID 63 found at 0xd000

Any suggestions?

David Hamm
Systems Analyst
Imaging Technologies Services Inc.