offtopic request

Nicholas Mc Guire der.herr at hofr.at
Sun Jan 7 10:38:41 EST 2001

Hi !

 I have a question about ide-compatible flash-cards.
 The one is a KINMAX KCF008M which works fine and the second
 is a SanDisk SDCFB , both officially 8MB..., the second card
 can be mounted formated writen too but I can't get it to boot
 from that card , I only get

01 01 01 01 01 01 ....

 on the screen at boot-up.

 Now can anybody point out why one is bootable and the other not ? and how
 can one tell which one will be bootable and which one will not ? Both are
 detected in the BIOS without any problem (one as (CHS) 250/4/16 the other as
 (CHS) 245/2/32).

thx !
hofrat