Problems with cfi_cmdset_0002.c

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Feb 12 12:24:19 EST 2001

johan.adolfsson at axis.com said:
> Wouldn't it be possible to check both the bootloc and the erase
> regions and do something like this? :

Would that help? I thought that _all_ the AMD chips had the smallest
regions listed first - that's the whole problem. But the top-boot chips you
have don't have bootloc == CFI_BOTTOM_BOOT. Or am I misunderstanding?

If the erase regions are listed the wrong way round _and_ the byte in the
extended header isn't set appropriately to tell you so, these AMD chips
really are broken. We need to work round them explicitly with a table of
JEDEC IDs for the broken chips, or just reject them and buy Intel chips
instead.
--
dwmw2