JFFS1/MTD bug-fixes

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Tue Dec 4 04:07:35 EST 2001

Hi!

> >  We have also added a possibility for run-time partitioning of an MTD
> > device, and use this usage_counter to prevent deleting of a partition
> > while it is being used by some process.
>
> In that context, I agree that it makes sense. Have you seen Jörn Engel's
> rewrite of the partitioning code, which I was intending to look at merging
> in 2.5? It would be useful to make that does what you require before we
> merge it.

http://wh.fh-wedel.de/~joern/software/kernel/
http://wh.fh-wedel.de/~joern/software/kernel/mtd.patch.core.2.4.15

Not having seen any code, I fear that your patch won't easily merge
with mine. But I would like to have a look - it might get rid of some
dear old problems, commonly known as reboot. :)

Jörn

--
When writing gateway software of any kind, take pains to disturb
the data stream as little as possible -- and *never* throw