warning or debug text ?

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se
Wed Aug 29 14:49:01 EDT 2001

in cfi_cmdset_0002.c I hit this line a lot when I created the feedback loop
with the log file on a jffs2 partition.. I don't see is so often now but
still is it needed??

   printk("Waiting for chip to read, status = %d\n", chip->state);

It's a few printk in this file that has nothing indication the type of the
message and no text informing the user on what subsystem it's comming from.

In the mtd subsystem it's ALOT of this. Should I just add KERN_DEBUG to
everything ?? It's not nice to get stuff on the console when it's only a
warning or debug info.

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson Business Innovation AB   Tel: +46 8 404 71 83
164 80 Stockholm                  kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se