building a name server

David Hamm dhamm at itrepro.com
Wed Aug 22 12:52:06 EDT 2001

What would be the least painful way to build a name server using a device that
has Disk On Chip Millennium.  I've tried a number of different methods to get
Linux to boot on this device but have failed again and again.  At this point
I'm wondering if I should revert to booting from DOS, using loadlin to boot
the kernel and USMSDOS as the file system.  Is there a better way?

The device I have is a STBMX1030N from GCT-Allwell with an AMD 233 processor.
Has anyone else been successful with this product?

David Hamm
Systems Analyst
Imaging Technologies Services Inc.
email: dhamm at itrepro.com