Partition question...

Siders, Keith keith_siders at toshibatv.com
Wed Aug 15 13:41:47 EDT 2001

If the addressing between two Flash devices remains linear with no gaps,
can they be part of the same mtd[n] partition, or must the next chip be
mtd[n+1]?

I have two 32-bit Flash devices (or so I'm told). Since this is a MIPS
application the
reset vector is 0xBFC00000. The Flash devices are 0xBE000000-BEFFFFFF and
0xBF000000-BFFFFFFF, so I have 4Megs at the top of the second device, with
the
first device and lower 12Megs of the second giving me 28Megs of linear Flash

available.

Keith Siders
Software Engineer
 Toshiba America Consumer Products, Inc.