jffs2 tests

Frederic Giasson fgiasson at mediatrix.com
Wed Aug 8 08:58:33 EDT 2001

Hi Xavier,

I remember that I had that UNKNOWN_INCOMPAT_NODETYPE error message quite
some time ago, and I did what's described next and then the problem was
gone.  First, I peered into JFFS2 code and I added what follows to the
beggining of the default case of the switch block in jffs2_get_inode_nodes()
function, file nodelist.c:

		default:
			if (ref->flash_offset & 1)
			{
				/* Obsoleted */
				break;
			}

I remember that I had summited this to David, but I did'nt check if it has
been done.  Try it and tell me if it solved the problem.

And about the garbage collector latency problem, I just figured out that the
same thing happens to me but it is very rare.  I looked at the log of my
testcase started last week, and the first occurence I seen was at loop
8736...  In my opinion though, it may not be due to garbage collector
latency because as soon as JFFS2 deletes an inode and all child nodes, it
marks them obsolete.  When df is called, obsolete nodes are taken in account
as free space.  But I may be wrong (anyone can correct me)? This problem
should definitely be addressed.

Frédéric Giasson