Power blackouts and brownouts

Vipin Malik vipin.malik at daniel.com
Fri Apr 27 10:30:16 EDT 2001

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> [...]

No, but most well designed embedded systems will assert the reset line both on
power
up AND down. Actually, direction does not really matter. Reset is asserted when
the
power rail is out of spec, which will happen (due to the laws of physics), both
on up and down.

You wan't the reset line asserted on power down also, else the processor may
"wander off"
into the weeds and overwrite battery backed RAM or other such stuff if present.

I don't think that JFFS(2) *require* you to assert the reset line (processor or
flash) on power down.

Vipin