Brownouts

Chris Read chris.read at activesilicon.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 07:29:51 EDT 2001

As a follow up to my earlier message:

I am currently working with Intel B3 parts. The datasheet makes no specific
mention of any built in brownout detection. However, there are a set of
timings for the reset line. Specifically, it states that it may take up to
22us to reset the internal state machine during an erase or write cycle
after the reset pin is asserted. My interpretation of this, in the absence
of any explicit information, is that whilst erasing or programming, the
reset line must be asserted a minimum of 22us before the power supply falls
below the chip's minVcc specification, otherwise the results are
undefined.....and we all know what that can mean.

Any thoughts/experiences?