JFFS2 as root FS

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 19 09:02:22 EDT 2001

joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se said:
>  I have tried to mount the FS again and the files are still there. It
> still takes 1 min and 30 sec to mount it and sometime when I do a ls
> the system hangs for 10-20 sec before the output from ls is seen. Is
> this normal?

That's very very slow. I don't know why it's being so slow for you.

Your CPU isn't particularly fast, but that shouldn't really make _that_
much difference.

Can you set CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 and set default_loglevel to 8 in kernel/
printk.c, then log the messages that it produces? I'd like to see if
anything untoward is happening.

If it's really just being slow, then maybe you're going to need one or two
of the features on the wishlist implemented - checkpointing and
prepopulating inodes on mount.

--
dwmw2