Elan SC520 - problem with MTD

Alexander Melichenko AlexanderM at lrpeople.com
Wed Apr 11 02:12:16 EDT 2001

Hello!
We use Elan SC520 CDP Rev.1.3.
I have linux-2.2.18 (on hard drive) with MTD support. I use MTD MAKEDEV script to make MTD devices. I want to place kernel image into flash. But when I do
  #cat zFlashImage > /dev/mtd0
I see the message : bash: /dev/mtd0: No such device

During booting I see following messages :
AMD Elan SC520 flash mapping: 1000000 at 4800000
mapped physical memory to c4800000
Elan SC520 Physically mapped flash: Found no CFI device at location zero
JFFS version 1.0, (C) 1999, 2000 Axis Communications AB

When I inspect directory /proc  I see 2 (!!!) files mtd with no information about MTD devices.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.
Alexander Melichenko.