Proc stuff

Johan Adolfsson johan.adolfsson at axis.com
Thu Apr 5 10:41:50 EDT 2001

I guess we would like that kind of information available somewhere
as well. Either through /proc or through an ioctl().

We (Axis) have an ioctl() to get that info with our own flash driver
and JFFS available on developer.axis.com (not using mtd).
It is typically used to verify that a certain type of chip is mounted
during production test where boot messages are not even enabled
and not a nice way to get the information for that purpose anyway.

Since mtd is not flash specific, perhaps a generic info string
about the device media could be added?

/Johan