Problems with AMD CFI chips

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 31 12:55:08 EST 2000

mark.langsdorf at amd.com said:
>  The Flash bank is found correctly, and loads, and I can write to it.
> However, when I boot from it, I can't seem to get it to commit writes
> - either creating new files  or altering old ones.  Once I reboot the
> device, my changes are gone.

Please check using the /dev/mtd0 device directly to see whether your writes
are 'taking'.

What 'map' driver are you using? I found that it didn't work for me on the
iPAQ because I wasn't enabling the Vpp voltage during write cycles. Is this
necessary on your targer?

Other than that, poke the author and/or look at the code yourself to see
what's happening. What interleave/buswidth are you using?

Note to self: Must produce a proper bug report for Nico for the current
cfi_cmdset_0001 code, does doesn't work for me on 1x16 devices.

--
dwmw2