compile difficulty, infradead ftp server not responding

Dave Wilson dlwilson at crossmatch.net
Mon Oct 9 16:19:10 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm new to the list and to mtd.  I've been tasked with investigating mtd and
ntfl as a
replacement to using the M-Systems DOC binary driver module.  We are having
problems with the DOC becoming corrupted, to the point where we must boot
DOS
and run the DOC format command to recover.  To avoid having to boot DOS for
recovery we would like to be able to use ntfl_format to reformat from Linux.
We are
using SuSE kernel 2.2.5.

The infraread ftp server is not responding, so I pulled the latest CVS
source and
tried to compile.  I got lots of errors, many involving mtd_table_mutex and
DECLARE_MUTEX.  I hacked for a while, but eventually stopped because it
seems
like the code should compile a lot more easily based on what I have read in
the
mailing list archives.  Does the tarball provide compiled modules?  Should
the CVS
source compile as-is?  Will the infradead ftp server be up any time soon so
I can
find out by myself?

thanks,
Dave Wilson