MTD CVS update: 'mtd/grub doc_stage1.S'

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 31 21:00:33 EDT 2000

dwmw2 at infradead.org said:
>  Also fix the segment registers in the actual copy, so that we put the
>  right stuff in place, rather than starting our copy at 0000:0000.

It seems I lied about this one - that was right in the previous version,
but I removed a 'push cs; pop ds' pair with some debugging cruft and didn't
remember that fact when I later noticed that they ought to be there for
other reasons. The perils of asm hacking at 2am :)

So I'm not _quite_ as stupid as I thought. Close, though. It _was_
copying the handler to the right place, but just pointing the IRQ vector at
the old location.

Oh well, it ought to work now. Now we just need to finish hacking Grub so
it can boot a kernel off the NFTL. So far, it finds the hardware and scans
if for an NFTL Media Header. The rest should be simple.

--
dwmw2