Compatibility issues.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 19 07:59:23 EDT 2000

I would like to have as few occurrences of #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE ... in
the actual source code of the MTD stuff as possible.

The 2.2.15 kernel contains a new file linux/compatmac.h which provides a
handful of useful macros which allow you to write portable code.

This is what I've been using for ensuring compatibility between 2.2 and 2.3
code, and I'd like to provide a similar linux/compatmac.h file to allow us
to compile for 2.0 as well.

I've added linux/mtd/compatmac.h which currently contains the definitions
which are missing from Linus' version - but I'd like my file to become
obsolete as all the required definitions are accepted into the 'official'
version of compatmac.h in both the 2.0 and 2.2 kernels.

So I've removed all references to the sysdep-2.[12].h files, and moved some
of the extra definitions into our own mtd/compatmac.h.

If more are required for fixing the 2.0 build, I'd prefer that they be
added to mtd/compatmac.h, and we can soon delete the sysdep-2.[12].h files
from the repository.

--
dwmw2