Status of MTD for CFI

Sébastien Côté scote1 at Matrox.COM
Fri Jun 30 09:09:00 EDT 2000

David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, [iso-8859-1] Sébastien Côté wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to know the status of MTD for CFI devices.  If I have a flash
> > connected to the ISA bus, will I be able to access it with MTD and
> > install JFFS on it ?  If not, what needs to be done ?
>
> If it's a 16-bit device which is capable of the Intel Extended command
> set, all you need to do is provide a map driver which provides
> read16() and write16() functions for your board. See nora.c, vmax301.c and
> octagon-5066.c for examples.

I've got an Intel StrataFlash so it's both 16 bits and CFI compliant.  I
quickly checked the files you mentioned and this all seems very simple.
But I've got a few questions : what is nora.c for (from the name, I
guess it's a NOR flash and from the code I guess it's CFI but that's all
I know)?  and what does SBC stand for ?

--
Sébastien Côté