garbage collect

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 29 07:39:57 EDT 2000

nico at cam.org said:
>  I was thinking about the MTD block interface of course.  That's the
> only method to use conventional filesystems with.

The only time the mtdblock interface is useful is when the underlying
memory device is RAM. AFAIK Linux doesn't allow you to register a block
device with a blocksize as large as the erase blocks of most flash chips we
use.

So it's not really likely to be used that often, and especially not with
partitioning. JFFS only uses it to find a handle to the real MTD device,
and I'm hoping to change that fairly shortly.

--
dwmw2