MTD CVS update: 'mtd/fs/jffs inode-v22.c Makefile inode.c'

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jun 16 08:05:13 EDT 2000

alex at cendio.se said:

>  Btw. Do you want any help merging these?

Yes please.

I'm being confused by a more fundamental problem ATM.

include/linux/mtd/mtd.h includes <linux/module.h> because it needs to use
try_inc_mod_count().

Unfortunately, this means I get:

intrep.o(.modinfo+0x0): multiple definition of `__module_kernel_version'
jffs_fm.o(.modinfo+0x0): first defined here
inode-v22.o(.modinfo+0x0): multiple definition of `__module_kernel_version'
jffs_fm.o(.modinfo+0x0): first defined here
make[1]: *** [jffs.o] Error 1

Defining __NO_VERSION__ before including module.h, and then undefining it
afterwards, isn't right because that would mean that it doesn't get
processed correctly if the main file later includes module.h and _does_
want __module_kernel_version to be defined by it.

I suspect that for now I'm just going to cheat and define try_inc_mod_count
myself, but that's hardly ideal.

--
dwmw2