Fujitsu MBM29LV160

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 5 04:43:46 EDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Masami Komiya wrote:

> It is CFI-compliant. May be, the command set is the different from
> Intel's.
>
> The messages from kernel are:
>
> NORA: Found a coupled pair of CFI devices at location 0 in 16 bit mode
> Primary Vendor Command Set: 0002 (AMD/Fujitsu Standard)

Excellent.

> Number of Erase Block Regions: 4
>   Erase Region #0: BlockSize 0x4000 bytes, 1 blocks
>   Erase Region #1: BlockSize 0x2000 bytes, 2 blocks
>   Erase Region #2: BlockSize 0x8000 bytes, 1 blocks
>   Erase Region #3: BlockSize 0x10000 bytes, 31 blocks

> Should I make cfi_cmdset_0002? Is there the another resources ?

Yes, you need to make cfi_cmdset_0002 for that particular
configuration (2x16bit). It should be quite simple t copy cfi_cmdset_0001
and modify it accordingly - not only changing the command set used
but also changing it to drive two interleaved chips at once. You'll need
the AMD data sheets for those chips.

For now, I'd suggest that you combine all the smaller erase blocks at the
beginning of the device, and pretend that the erase size is always 0x10000
(actually 0x20000 because you have two chips interleaved).  Then when you
receive an erase request at location zero, erase all the smaller blocks at
once.

We'll work out how to handle that properly, but not quite yet. Probably
the cfi_probe routine needs to be able to return more than one MTD device.

--
dwmw2