Please upgrade your CVS

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Fri Jan 14 18:31:29 EST 2000

Hello!

The patch for memory block devices is exactly what I need now. I'll test
it soon.

But the first annoyance is in the patch itself. It was generated by an old
version of CVS. Many people will have problems applying it. The "diff"
lines don't specify full paths, and the "Index:" line has priority over
"diff" only if POSIXLY_CORRECT is set (in GNU Patch).

Please upgrade your CVS server. Most likely it is an old version, that
also has Y2K problems.

CVS beginning with 1.10.4 generates correct patches. The last version, CVS
1.10.7, has been around for months and is known to be stable and reliable.

If you cannot, then please filter your patches through index-prop:
ftp://ftp.nl.uu.net/pub/OpenBSD/src/gnu/egcs/contrib/index-prop

Pavel Roskin