PowerPC and DiskOnChip

Whai Lim wlim at vrcomm.com
Sun Feb 20 14:13:46 EST 2000

Hello:

Mr. David Woodhouse suggested that I inquiry about if anyone in your
group is doing DiskOnChip stuff with PowerPC.

We have a new design using the Motorola MPC860 (PowerPC) processor and
we also designed in with the DiskOnChip.  What we learned so far was
that there is not a whole lot of info of how to do it with the PowerPC
as far as "initial hardware test", "boot loader" and running "Linux".

Our hardware config is as follow:

1. Motorola MPC860
2. boot flash (512K bytes)
3. static RAM (2M bytes)
4. 1 DIMM socket for PC100 type of SDRAM
5. 1 32 pin socket for DiskOnChip (DOC-Millennium or DOC-2000)

We got good info from David as how to "peek and poke" the DiskOnChip for
hardware interface test and he suggested that we check with you folks
for some sort of loader for PowerPC. Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Whai Lim